Friday, November 2, 2012

The Worst Week

I just had one of my worst weeks ever.

It started out great but ended horribly. It's not even over yet!

Sunday was awesome. I ran the Bear Canyon loop with TTR. 
17 miles.
I loved every second of it. 
(Recap to come soon...)

I wasn't feeling too great afterwards however. This was my longest run to date, so I was expecting some weird aftereffects...
I became extremely tired. (which is to be expected after a long run). I napped for a loooong time. 
Then, my legs, ankles and feet started to swell. This really freaked me out. I wasn't sure what to do. So, I tried soaking them which seemed to help a little bit. 


Then Monday rolled around. 
First thing in the morning:
I was in a car accident. Nothing too serious, except that the lady was a B


Literally a witch. I'm pretty sure she cursed me. She was horrible! 
Then, I got to work.
I couldn't walk normally. I looked like a monkey walking on the sides of my feet. 
Serious. Pain.


Tuesday. 
I got sick. It probably hit me when I weakened my immune system after my long run. 
My lip started to swell. I got cold sores.
It looks like someone punched me in the face. 
No lie. 
And it felt terrible. 
My students were asking me if my face was okay
all. day. long. 


Wednesday
I felt terrible. I looked terrible. 
Probably my worst. 
So I took the day off from work.
And it's Halloween. 
So, that means, it's the third Halloween in a row that I will miss. 
2 years ago on Halloween, I contracted Swine Flu. 
Last year, on Halloween, my geology professor decided it would be fun to take a mandatory geology camping trip to the middle of nowhere.
(it was a fun trip, but still, I missed Halloween). 
And this year, I'm still not sure what I have but it means I missed Halloween. 
I went to the doctor and at his first look scared the crap out of me. 
He said it may be a rare form of strep. 
Uh What?
But then changed his mind thank goodness.
Gave me some pills and sent me on my way. 
(They haven't been helping BTW)

Thursday and Friday
Both days were pretty much the same.
I just sat around at home, planning curriculum, watching Battlestar Galactica, and throwing a massive pity party. 
I'm bored.
I want to get back to work. 
I want to run. 
I feel fine. But doctor told me I am contagious, so I should stay at home.


This concludes the worst week. 
I sure hope I heal soon. Otherwise I may go crazy. :/

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, so sorry to hear. I hope you feel better by now.

    ReplyDelete

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...