Thursday, February 21, 2013

Update: Why I Lost My Running Mojo

I wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's going on in my life. 

As you know from the last post, I have a busy schedule and my interests may be changing. 
I changed my blog name and I felt better. 
For a little while. 
Then, my sister texted me to tell me she couldn't find my blog. It didn't exist!!
I freaked out and got really worried that I wouldn't be able to have my original blog URL back. 

Thankfully, everything worked out and I'm back. 

I think I lost my running mojo for two reasons:
+ I'm always getting sick after my long runs.
+ A few of my favorite bloggers/runners stopped writing on their blogs. 

I am trying to figure out what is making me sick
and I'm moving past the fact I lost a few main motivators. 

Two things to work through.

Oh, and I'm a full time teacher and part time student. 
It's definitely taking up some of my precious running/outdoor time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that, I have some fun things to update you on!
  1. I am running Ragnar Relay Del Sol this weekend! I finally decided to run it again. Remember that last time I dropped out? I wasn't feeling Ragnar Las Vegas for some reason. It may have been the group of people, may have been the steep price, may have been the 7 hour drive to get there, whatever. But I'm definitely doing this one!  And I'm super excited. I packed my stuff up early (strange for me) and I plan to do a full recap on it. The last time I did Ragnar, my recap was basically a bunch of photos. I was so overwhelmed by the race itself that I had no idea how to recap it. This time, I'm bringing a notebook along to jot down memories and things I don't want to forget!
  2. I joined Tough Chik and I am also a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I want to talk about it more later, and do a bio on each awesome community. Coming soon!
  3. My friend Kathryn and I are planning on running R2R2R next April. I am so excited about this. I am obsessed with the Grand Canyon (history, hiking, geology, etc) and so I'm glad I found someone to run across the canyon with...and back! All in one day. It's going to be epic. More on the preparation for that later.
      
  4. I have an interview for the Girl Scouts of San Diego summer camp! It's next week and I'm a little nervous. It's a phone interview, which should be easier than a Skype interview. I hope it goes well. I really want to work there! Wish me tons of luck!!! 
That's it for now! I'll keep you updated. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like many good things are happening. I hope the upcomign races will help to bring your running mojo back. Races always help me to get back into running. Good luck with your interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.swintegrativemedicine.com You should call Dr. Cline she helped me when I was having immune problems during training

    ReplyDelete

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...