Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Operation More Energy

I'm on a mission to combat this tiredness that my body seems to have become accustomed to.

I will call the Sleep Lab at the University of Arizona today to schedule an appointment. If the cause is something sleep related (like sleep apnea) then there's not too much I can do about it on my own.

However, I'm going to try a few things as well...just to make sure:
  1. No more snoozing. I used to hit the snooze button multiple times every morning. Chance told me it could be creating a sleep apnea type effect.I must wake up the first time and stay up. 
  2. Cut out soda for two weeks. And coffee. Not a big coffee drinker (I like my tea!) but I drink soda like no other. I'm addicted to the carbonation fizz....mmm. The caffeine could be dehydrating me . 
  3. Drink more water. I've been informed that I need to be drinking a minimum of 75 oz. a day when I'm training. I have a marked water bottle and I'm trying to down 3-4 of them everyday. 
  4. Exercise even on rest days. I'm not talking about running on rest days but instead doing yoga or weights on those days instead. I need to constantly stay active. 
  5. and lastly, Start running in the morning. I have a tendency to run at night (I'm used to the heat). However, it is getting colder and my energy seems to increase before I go to bed. If I run in the mornings, I can get that energy during the day when I need it most. 

This is the plan for now. Crossing my fingers that it will help. I really don't want to deal with a sleep problem. 

In other news, I discovered Team Sparkle a little while ago and now I want some sparkly skirts! 


Only 5 more days until my first triathlon! 

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth…not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha 

1 comment:

  1. I saw yesterday a sleeptracker watch at Costco. You wear this watch and enter a window you want to be waken up. The watch finds out when you are almost awake and wake you up. This should help to feel fresher in the am. I have not tried it, but thought about you. Maybe that helps?

    ReplyDelete

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...