Monday, February 15, 2010

Race for the Cure

This is an upcoming race that I would like to be training for.

http://www.komensaz.org/race.html April 11th 2010!

It's the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. And it's for a very good cause. So, if you have a chance to do it, you should! It's a 5K at the most (3.1 miles). I plan on running the competitive race (vs. the run/walk uncompetitive). This way, I'll get a time. Very important in running I've come to notice. Beating your time is one way to get better! I'm very new to all of this, so bear with me.

I said I'd like to be training for the race because I currently cannot run. I hurt my ankle longboarding at school a week or so ago. And it hasn't got any better! I'm a little worried. My sister has already signed up to run the race with me and she lives in Chandler, Arizona. I don't want to be a let down and tell her I can't do it with her and make her come all the way down here.

I'll continue to ice it and rest. I really need to start running again! I feel so deprived! I guess we'll see what happens.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...