Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Workout of the Week

I love running.

But I do understand that other workouts (other than running) should be included in training. 

So, I decided to start posting my favorite workout for each week so that I stay on top of my cross-training. 

The run down of my workout today:

Warm up: 10 minute jog and/or jump rope session

Main Set:
10 burpees
10 push-ups
20 lunges
1/4 mile to 1 mile run interval at high intensity.
(repeat 3-10 times)

I started out with a 10 minute jog to get to my place of workout (aka the park across the river).


Then, I begun with the 10 burpees...

and then the 10 pushups....


which led to the 20 lunges...


And then I ran the 1/4 mile at medium intensity. By that point...I was DEAD. I'm going to be honest, I'm not the strongest gal out there. That's why I'm starting these WOW (workout of the week, NOT World of Warcraft) segments. This will keep me on track to finally building some muscle.

Putting on a smile, even though I'm exhausted...
Back to the workout...

I decided to do the bare minimum (so 3 sets).

I was not so happy at the end of the third one...considering that I also had to run home. Yes, this was the first WOW, so I should have definitely felt some pain (which I did, no worries about that).

3 times more exhausted
Can't wait for the next one, can you? That's what I thought.

Week 1 WOW FINISHED.

Bam.



2 comments:

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...