So, I decided to write 22 things about moi that you may have not known, in honor of the day of my birth:
- I began this running obsession in Jan. 2010
- I am studying/training to be an archaeologist even though the job market for that isn't looking too good. But I am being very optimistic and hopeful!
- I've worked at a toy store for 3 1/2 years and I have a super fun shift every time. I mean come on, I get to play with all the toys. :)
- During the summers, I am a camp counselor and it is the best job ever!!
- I dislike chocolate.
- I love making new friends, but I'm sometimes too shy to talk to new people. :/
- My favorite color is lime green
- I have played every sport at one point in my life except softball.
- I currently go to the University of Arizona studying archaeology and geology.
- I have a German Shepard/Chow mix named Sookie (yes, from the novels/tv show) and I love her so much!! However, Chance and I don't have a backyard at the apartment we are at right now, so she stays with my parents. Hopefully one day, my baby pup will come to live with me.
- Chance tells me I have OCD. I only believe him sometimes like when the books on the bookshelf need to be straight and stacked from tallest to shortest or when I like to arrange my pens and paper on my desk to be parallel to each other.
- I have a terrible memory! If you need to tell me something important to remember, make sure I write it down somewhere! You should see my desk at work, post-its everywhere.
- When I was little, I was diagnosed with ADD. While I've mostly grown out of it (or so I think), some days I still feel as if I just can't pay attention and I blame it on that.
- I have a purple belt in Taekwondo.
- I love to read! But, I am a super slow reader and my to-read pile is growing too fast.
- I like to talk talk talk nonstop around my friends and family...whoops... :)
- I want to run an ultra-marathon one day, more specifically, an ultra trail race!
- My favorite food is Japanese. I lived in Japan in high school as an exchange student and I fell in love with the food. I really love zaru udon noodles (plain udon with dipping sauce) and egg-don (cooked egg on rice). So good, sugoi!!
- I am a huge klutz.
- I've kind of secretly always wanted to be a massage therapist, sports medicine specialist, or a trainer.
- I love pushing myself to my limits because I know it makes me an all-around stronger person.
- When I was in high school, I was told I had exercise-induced asthma. Ha! Look at me now! I still have my inhaler, but never need to use it anymore. :)
For my birthday, I took a walk up Tumamoc Hill with Chance (which is quite the walk) and then went to join my parents for a sushi dinner! Yum. What a great birthday.
I also got some rockin' bday gifts. My parents got me a cutting board (definitely needed!) and a tea set. My sister gave me a Totoro t-shirt (please go watch the movie if you haven't seen it, it's really cute! Your kids will love it, promise!). I got some money from my aunt and uncle (going toward trail running shoes!). And Chance got me a Wii Fit Plus and Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (which I did last night and I'm super sore from it!). Yay for presents!
In other news, my first half marathon is in less than 3 days (EEK!) I will have another post soon on my feelings about this half. So far, they are all good. But you never know, a lot can change in 3 days.