Tuesday, December 4, 2012

7 Weeks Until RNRAZ

It's getting closer! My very first marathon!
 
When I first started really running back in 2010, I thought my marathon would have come a lot sooner than 2013. There were numerous occasions when I posted about running and training for one. But the end result was always the same. 
 
I chickened out!
 
I'm not afraid to admit it becuase it's true. I'm freaking terrified of running a marathon.
 
I recently ran another 16 miles for training and I was in so much pain! And it was only 16 miles!!! I can't imagine what I will be feeling after 26.2. I hope there are ice baths like this at the end:
 
No, but really, can there be?
 
But I look back at my training and I know that I got this.
I can do it. It may hurt a lot. But I can definitely do it.
 
With every week that passes, I get more excited!
And a little freaked out, but mostly excited.
 
I've been following a beginner marathon training program that I found somewhere online.
Kinda wished I went with something more legit (I can't even remember the website), but I was super excited to start training so I printed it out and got started. It's been working well so far!
 
My goal for this race is to finish it.
That's it.
 
I'm not trying to figure out a time I want to beat because I have no idea when I'll finish.
Making a PR is marathon #1.
Beating a PR is marathon #2 and everything else after that.
 
Any suggestions to the weeks leading up to the race will be super helpful!
I have been reading a lot about it, but experience from my fellow bloggers is so much better. :)
 
Almost there! Keep sending me good training thoughts!!!

 
 
Also, I want to wish my big sister a Happy Birthday!!! Love you JoAnn!
 

4 comments:

  1. You've got this for sure!! Finishing it is a great goal! That was my goal last year when I ran my first (and only) marathon. Yes, it will hurt... but it will totally be worth it!!! YAY you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooh girl! Just found you and so inspired by you!
    I'm hoping/wanting to run my first marathon some point in 2013.
    this is so exciting! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat: running my first marathon soon. I have been training for almost a year, and I will begin full prep starting in march. The race is the Flying Pig in Cincinnati. I cannot freaking wait! I know what you mean though, the prospect scares me. I have gone as far as 18 miles, and it took a few days to recover. Those 20 mile training runs are going to rock me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I am so excited to see someone else training for their first marathon. Technically I am not yet training because I'm just getting back to running after being injured for 2 months, but I will run my first in 2013. I will send you lots of good training thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

I love what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...